Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Well, it's that time again! The Olympics are on, and I love all of it! OK, some sports more than others, yes, but in general I love the whole idea! The hate that they are on sooo late at night,
(up to 12:30 am here in AZ), but I do love them. I don't usually stay up that late, so I miss some, but that's OK, I'll take what I can get.
My favorite sports are the gymnastics and swimming. I also like watching the track events. I watch some water polo and volleyball, though those are not my favorites...it just depends upon whether anything is on TV or not, or what time of day it is and what I have to do!
I am proud of our gymnasts, though they didn't do quite as well as they would have liked. China is going great with 5 gold medals so far in men's gymnastics! But, overall, I think our men and women are going strong.
And, wow, what about that Michael Phelps?! He's quite a phenomenon, huh? I'll bet he's already got endorsement agents knocking on his back-door. That's OK-he deserves it. And he's got mom to keep him in line I'd say!
Being a stay-at-home mom, I have the freedom to watch the daytime activities on the Olympics, as I do house-work or polyclay, but I don't always do that. I just think we are all so privileged in this country of ours (USA) to be able to watch and enjoy the Olympics!
In some ways, when I see all the wonderful things about China and the Chinese symbols put on the Olympics, it makes me think about Chinese food! However, my husband's son and daughter-in-law took us out to a nice Chinese restaurant for our birthdays on the 8th of August (mine is the 4th and his is the 8th)! So we had our fill for awhile you could say.
Well, off to watch some more Olympics, they'll be on soon. What a great combo-watching Olympics and eating dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment