Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day and A Comment On Some Things

I would just like to say first of all that I deeply appreciate those who comment-it tells me someone reads this at least! That's a good feeling.
Now to the day. Hope yours was great! I was surprised this morning with a big heart of candy. I love those on Valentine's Day. I honestly didn't expect it-just thought he'd buy something for our nine year old daughter. She got a smaller heart. Of course, I'll be sharing the large heart-that's a lot of candy! So, the day has been nice and pleasant. That and some blogging and dropping and playing with Tamara, my daughter.
Now to less pleasant things. I'm sure by now you have all heard about the poor little girl who has come up missing in Florida. Well, we've been watching Fox news and there was an interview with the mother and grandmother. The grandmother clearly thought there was a key involved with it being an "inside job." There was no sign of forced entry. I have no idea what happened. I just know it's sad, and my concern is for the child. Of course, I know the parents are grieving also. I wondered, "What could I do?" The only thing you and I can do is pray. Pray for the girl and the parents and family. Prayer changes things. We can pray for her safety, for her to be found, and for the family to somehow get through this tragedy. The same thing goes for the families of the plane crash victims in New York. When we can't do anything personally to help,
there is prayer. We don't need to know the names or faces, just that they are out there and need prayer. Well, that's it for now. Thanks for tuning in!

1 comment:

  1. The world can be so very tragic, and yet beautiful at the same time. It's that time of month again, so those stories, especially the missing girl, have teared me up some. Sometimes I really hate hormones.

    ReplyDelete