Monday, June 9, 2008

Update...

Well, it's June already! Wow-time is flying this year! Anyway, we just ended our latest Polymer
Clay monthly challenge. What a great selection! Check it out at pcagoe.com! A couple winners
got some very nice packages too...how lucky they are!
I have a poll on polymer clay items. Just a fun poll on who likes what in polymer clay. You don't even have to make the stuff, just like looking at it! And, it has multiple choices. Please participate!

On the home front, things are usual. Except that I am working on a Father's Day gift for both dad and Rick. Probably pens-men are hard to clay for I think (I have no cuff link forms), and maybe a tin-who knows? My 8 yr. old daughter is anxious to make dad a ton of cute little crafts found in
Highlights For Kids magazine! Guess who gets to help her this week, yep- me!
It will be fun, I'm sure...I told him to act surprised and ecstatic this coming Sunday! He will...
Oh, and making something for my niece, who turns 12 on Friday, June 13. Ha, ha, good thing we're not superstitious or anything! I'm going to make her a tin with sea shells on it (already started) and a necklace with sea shells and some aquatic life, and beads. I KNOW she'll like them both, especially being from Aunt Pam.
They live in the same state, so it get there by 3 days at the most, hopefully! May be a day late, but she'll understand.
Other than that, I have a LOT of sanding, buffing and polishing to do on ALL the beads and
sea shells and cameos and other things I made...

Oh, on the NON polymer clay front. This is funny. Last night (Sunday-June 8th), Rick and Tamara found a white rat running around outside. By itself. We asked the neighbors and no one had a clue where it came from. Of course Tamara wants to keep it. It's domestic, you can tell because he lets you pet him. I had rats as a kid and teenager, and mice as an adult!
So, I scooped him up and pet him, until Tamara and the apartment kids were comfortable doing so as well...it was fun!
We put sand in a painting bucket (from the volleyball court) and food and water, and poor thing just chowed down! He was one hungry little rat! Gave him a bath today-he didn't like that much, I can tell you! I don't blame him either. Well, I have a bathroom to clean now..!
Thanks for tuning in,
Pam

2 comments:

  1. I remember Hightlights!
    I didn't know they still made those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog! The container with sea shells is such a good idea - I need to make a birthday gift for a friend who loves the beach and she makes her own jewelry, so I think I'll make her a jewelry box with polymer clay shells and maybe other beachy stuff on it. :D

    ReplyDelete